Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 11 -Saturday, 3/28/09

Today is Day 11 since surgery. I got through the first week! I have to say, each day is getting a bit better and I'm noticing more range of motion and strength in the hip and leg as I continue with my physical therapy and walking. Although, when I push myself too much with the therapy, my thigh gets very stiff and painful.

Let's see, what have I been doing? Watching lots of daytime TV, reading New Moon in the Kindle (love it!), constantly reading and posting on my BoneSmart forum, on facebook, on email, resting, showering, doing physical therapy exercises, having lovely visitors, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT!! That's my day in a nutshell.

The visiting nurse came today and told me my incision looks great -thank god. The PT was here last Friday and we worked on going up and down stairs. It wasn't bad at all.

I'm still struggling with sleeping -I can't get comfy on my back -I HATE IT! I try to curl my head to the side to replicate the feeling of being on my side, but that only works for a few minutes. I can't wait until this restriction is lifted. I also have to sleep with a wedge-like pillow in between my legs to avoid crossing my legs (one of the restrictions during this recovery period).

I couldn't stand looking at my ugly brown cane, so I purchased a "fashionable" cane. I'll post a pic. I know it's a bit silly, since hopefully, I will only be using the cane for another few weeks. Well, I will save this cane for when I'm old and need it again :)

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment